The Web Guide to Research for Undergraduates (WebGURU) is an interactive web-based tool intended to assist undergraduates navigate the hurdles of an undergraduate research experience.
The Web-GURU project was originally funded by the National Science Foundation Division of Undergraduate Education’s Educational Materials Development Program under award DUE-0341080.
It currently enjoys funding provided by The Camille & Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc.
Contact Us: email@example.com
The project is a partnership between:
- Professor Patricia Ann Mabrouk a chemical educator, in the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology
- Alicia Russell Director of the Northeastern University Educational Technology Center
- Ryan McIntyre a web-developer and undergraduate Art major at Northeastern University with a concentration in Graphic Design;
- Vanessa Joho web-developer and undergraduate Art major at Northeastern University with a concentration in Graphic Design;
- Milena Virrankoski a graduate student in the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology with interests in environmental chemistry;
- Kirsten Jelliffe an undergraduate Art major with a concentration in Animation, minoring in Business and East Asian Studies at Northeastern University;
- Samantha Kanter web-developer and undergraduate dual major at Northeastern University in Multimedia Studies and Art with a concentration in Photography, with minors in Business and Art History, and;
- Allison Reese web-developer and undergraduate at Northeastern University with a major in Graphic Design and minor in Mathematics.
- Kyle Langford web-developer and videographer – graduate of Northeastern University with a major in Graphic Design and Multimedia with a minor in animation.
- Rachel Sorkin web-designer – graduate of Northeastern University with a major in Graphic Design and Multimedia.
- Jim Davis videographer – graduate of Northeastern University with a major in Animation and Multimedia.
- Hope Blanchett web-designer – graduate student in architecture at Northeastern University.
We are extremely grateful to the following individuals for providing feedback on several of the WebGURU modules:
- Mr. Steven Brehio Associate Director of the
Northeastern University Office of Environmental Health and Safety
- Dr. Anthony Pirri Director of the
Northeastern University Division of Technology Transfer
- Nan Regina Director of the
Northeastern University Office of Research Integrity
- Dan Batzel NanoChem Solutions, Inc.
The site is dedicated to Dr. Nancy Harrison Kolodny, the Cohen/Heller Professor of Health Sciences and Chair of the Department of Chemistry at Wellesley College, whose willingness to open the doors of her laboratory and her life opened up the world of research for me and to the myriad unknown, uncelebrated, and dedicated educators out there who continue to do the same for countless other undergraduates.